Hon. Gbenga Elegbeleye motivated by the desire to serve his people in higher capacity, resigned his appointment as Chairman Ondo Waste Management Board in 2006, to contest elections into the Federal House of Representatives.
- Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Sports
- Member House Committee on Defence
- Member House Committee on Appropriation
- Member House Committee on Works
- Member House Committee on Environment
- Member House Committee on Rural Development
- Member House Committee on Inter-parliamentary Affairs
- Member House Committee on Solid Minerals
As a member of the House of Representatives, he attracted several projects to his Federal Constituency. These include:
- Neighbourhood Sports Centre Iye road, Arigidi
- Sports Stadium at Oyinmo St, Ikare
- National Library Ikare
- Extension of electrification poles to Ojeka camp road; Odo Irun electrification, Oyimo, Ogunsusi road, Ilepa Ikare
- Erosion control and school furniture in Ogbagi
- Block of classrooms in the following schools, St George’s Pry School, Okeagbe, Salem School, Ekan Ikare, AUD School V Ishakunmi, Ikare, AUD School 2, Iku, Ikare, Local Govt Pry School Ajowa, Ebenezer Pry School Okorun, Ikare
- Several boreholes in most towns and villages, among many others
After serving as Director General, National Sports Commission, Hon. Gbenga Elegbeleye was recently appointed as a Member of the CAF Disciplinary Board. He is a member of IBB Golf Club and a recipient of several awards and honours. These includes, Fellow of the Nigeria Institute of Local Govt and Public Administration; Fellow, Chattered Institute of Public Administration; Fellow African Business School; Fellow, Certified Institute of Sales Management; Patron, SWAN, FCT; Patron SWAN, Ondo State; Patron NUJ, Ondo State; Gold Personality Award by Skye Sports; African Film Academy Award for Sports Development; National Youth Council Award for National Development; City People Award for Excellence in Politics; African Leadership Award for Sports Development among several others.
Hon Gbenga Elegbeleye is happily married to Solape, they are blessed with four children
“Only Aketi can defeat Aketi in the coming election”
Who’s Abayomi Ale?
My name is Ale Abayomi Abiodun. I am a lawyer, a transaction advisor, sustainability champion, workplace culture expert, and a politician. I am a family man. I am a proud Owo son and an indigene of Ondo State. I am debonair and conservative by nature. I may be a polymath too. I’m also a health enthusiast.
The Governorship election in Ondo State is approaching, what’s your view about the election?
It’s just another defined term for evaluation of performance. In the overview, we are lucky that Ondo State election won’t be going the rowdy way like Edo States’. Most times when too much emotions get invested in any particular election, it’s the masses and the State’s economy that suffers it the most. Such are usually violent; very expensive, as politicians may be spurred to spend ten naira where they ought to have spent five naira; and its usually difficult to recover from such battles when a winner eventually emerges. Such victories are usually pyrrhic and attended with enormous court battles.
We would have fall into same labyrinth if the estranged deputy governor of Ondo State had won the PDP ticket of the State. Its obvious God has favoured us for peace and prosperity with the way the Primary elections of the two mainstream political parties in the State turned out.
Who is your preferred candidate?
Oh… you can see that from every shade of my body language.
To be frank with you, I am of the believe that this administration has not only performed creditably well in so many sectors, but has set the economic quadrants of the State towards achieving financial sustainability. The latter is one of the reasons I preach that Arakunrin Akeredolu be allowed a second term to consolidate the foundation he has laid before handing over to another illustrious son of the State. This administration has positioned the state on a tripod stand of Industrial Opportunities; Security and Exit Strategy Seaport that will help export value-added produce and products.
This is a diversion that leads to financial independence of Ondo State. It’s a redirection that will gradually reduce our dependency on FAAC droppings from the Federal table. I strongly believe such a vision should be supported for another four years.
Are you supporting Aketi because he is your kinsman?
(Laughs)…..That’s not true. As a fact, I worked for another candidate in 2016 and didn’t support him then. This wasn’t because I didn’t trust his capacity and character then, but because I had the burden of political loyalty. My political teacher and master then supported Olusola Oke….he was even the Director-General of his campaign. There was no way I would switch loyalty midstream. I don’t give less than 100% loyalty to whomever or whatever I believe.
So you are back now with Barr. Olusola Oke to support the governor?
I have been back to support and respect Aketi as the leader of the party in the State right from when everyone returned to APC. I never supported the Unity Group. I returned to corporate practice of Law in Abuja since 2018…… I have learnt that to hold on to an ideology in Nigeria’s polity, you may need to retain and develop your second address; else the only alternative will be to become an apple-polish. I am not very good in bootlicking.
Do you think Aketi will win, or which of the candidates do you think will win the October 10 election in Ondo State?
Aketi will win! Part of my training is to be objective in analyzing products, projects, challenges and service. On this one, I reached the verdict that only Aketi can defeat Aketi in the coming election. In the scale of balances, Aketi is a strong candidate with the advantage of incumbency in the ruling party at both the central and the State. One of his contenders is a weak candidate, but with a good political party structure. The other is a good grassroot mobiliser in a political party that less than 2% of the voters in Ondo State presently can recognize its party logo. This is apart from that the latter has been labeled a turncoat with a vaulting ambition.
All Factors and Indicators point to Aketi’s win. The man is an example of what God meant in Psalm 23:5.
What is your dream for Ondo State?
That we eventually exploit our potentials to maximized benefits. Ondo State is strategically positioned with both land mineral resources and seaport advantage. If the first white man’s ship had berth at our shores, we would have been ten times greater than what Lagos is today. I believe that with the right balanced heads and economic advisers in Alagbaka for a continued period of terms, Ondo state will grow in leaps and bounds. Hopefully, the exclusive list of our federal constitution would be devolved soon. It has been a stone in the wheels of progress to many States in Nigeria.
OUTSTANDING NIGERIAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMEN MERIT AWARD “2020”
Outstanding Nigerian Local Government Chairman Merit Award 2020
- The Executive Chairman, Aba South LGA. Abia State
- The Executive Chairman, Mahia LGA, Adamawa State
- The Executive Chairman, Ifedore LGA, Ondo State
- The Executive Chairman, Ovia South-West LGA, Edo State
- The Executive Chairman, Eastern Obolo LGA, Akwa-Ibom State
- The Executive Chairman, Iwo LGA, Osun State
- The Executive Chairman, Akinyele LGA, Oyo State
- The Executive Chairman, Anambra West LGA, Anambra State
- The Executive Chairman, Bogoro LGA, Bauchi State
- The Executive Chairman, Sagbama LGA, Bayelsa State
- The Executive Chairman, Ador LGA, Benue State
- The Executive Chairman, Askira/Uba LGA, Borno State
- The Executive Chairman, Akampa LGA, Crossriver State
- The Executive Chairman, Aniocha South LGA, Delta State
- The Executive Chairman, Ohaukwu LGA, Ebonyi State
- The Executive Chairman, Egor LGA, Edo State
- The Executive Chairman, Ikole LGA, Ekiti State
- The Executive Chairman, Igbo Eze LGA, Enugu State
- The Executive Chairman, Bwari LGA, Federal Capital Territory
- The Executive Chairman, Balanga LGA, Gombe State
- The Executive Chairman, Obokun LGA, Osun State
- The Executive Chairman, Oluyole LGA, Oyo State
- The Executive Chairman, Ideato South LGA, Imo State
- The Executive Chairman, Babura LGA, Jigawa State
- The Executive Chairman, Kachia LGA, Kaduna State
- The Executive Chairman, Gezawa LGA, Kano State
- The Executive Chairman, Dan Musa LGA, Katsina State
- The Executive Chairman, Argungu LGA, Kebbi State
- The Executive Chairman, Ajaokuta LGA, Kogi State
- The Executive Chairman, Toungo LGA, Adamawa State
- The Executive Chairman, Baruten LGA, Kwara State
- The Executive Chairman, Ibadan South-West LGA, Oyo State
- The Executive Chairman, Eti-Osa LGA, Lagos State
- The Executive Chairman, Akwanga LGA, Nasarawa State
- The Executive Chairman, Borgu LGA, Niger State
- The Executive Chairman, Odeda LGA, Ogun State
- The Executive Chairman, Ilaje LGA, Ondo State
- The Executive Chairman, Ife-Central LGA, Osun State
- The Executive Chairman, Egbeda LGA, Oyo State
- The Executive Chairman, Langtang North LGA, Plateau State
- The Executive Chairman, Kaura Namoda LGA, Zamfara State
- The Executive Chairman, Girei LGA, Adamawa State
- The Executive Chairman, Bodinga LGA, Sokoto State
- The Executive Chairman, Kurmi LGA, Taraba State
- The Executive Chairman, Olorunda LGA, Osun State
- The Executive Chairman, Iddo LGA, Oyo State
- The Executive Chairman, Karasuwa LGA, Yobe State
- The Executive Chairman, Kaura Namoda LGA, Zamfara State
- The Executive Chairman, Ryom LGA, Plateau State
- The Executive Chairman, Song LGA, Adamawa State
- The Executive Chairman, Alkaleri LGA, Bauchi State
- The Executive Chairman, Emure LGA, Ekiti State
- The Executive Chairman, Lokoja LGA, Kogi State
- The Executive Chairman, Akoko North-West LGA, Ondo State
- The Executive Chairman, Yewa North LGA, Ogun State
- The Executive Chairman, Odo-Otin LGA, Osun State
- The Executive Chairman, Afijio LGA, Oyo State
- The Executive Chairman, Ado-Ekiti LGA, Ekiti State
- The Executive Chairman, Koton-Karfi LGA, Kogi State
- The Executive Chairman, Odeda LGA, Ogun State
- The Executive Chairman, Orolu LGA, Osun State
- The Executive Chairman, Mangu LGA, Plateau State
- The Executive Chairman, Ibadan South LGA, Oyo State
Pastor Adeboye Leads Protest to End Killings in Nigeria
Pastor Enoch Adeboye, General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, discarded his hitherto conservative and conciliatory disposition and took to the streets to lead thousands of his members in a protest march against insecurity and killings of Christians across the nation, especially in northern states.
The action is sequel to an earlier directive by the leader of one of the most influential Pentecostal churches in Nigeria that its members should conduct the protest nationwide, with him starting his own action at exactly 11am at the RCCG National Headquarters in Ebute Metta, Lagos.
The Assistant General Overseer (Admin and Personnel) of the church, Pastor J.F Odesola, in a circular dated January 29, 2020, addressed to all regions and provinces of the RCCG, parishes of the church were asked to end their service not later than 11am on Sunday to enable members “march round their immediate environment, praying for God’s intervention in the ongoing situation in Nigeria.”
The protests are at the instance of the RCCG General Overseer, Pastor Adejare Adeboye.
The circular, read: “The Christian Association of Nigeria, the umbrella body for all Christians and Christian organisations in Nigeria, has made a clarion call for prayers and advocacy to all Christians in Nigeria in response to the inhumane acts against Christians in the country.”
HRH Oba Aderemi Ilesanmi Ogidan, (Ogidan I), IV Alase of Ase-Akoko
G-Brain, A Fast Rising Star
CAJ Holds Maiden Conference in October
Profile of Prof. Felix Oladele Obajafa
Jilemsam Samaila Profile
Politics10 years ago
ALL ABOUT GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI
ELBR9 years ago
Profile of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Leaders3 years ago
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala -Profile,about her,family and work.
Insight2 years ago
20 Most Outstanding Nigerians in 2018
Leaders9 years ago
Profile of Aliko Dangote
Award Winners and Recipients11 years ago
NIRAN AKINNIYI, (MNIS) – HIS PROFILE
Leaders4 years ago
Amb. A.D. Idris Waziri a true diplomatic leader – Nigeria, PDP and Taraba State
Leaders10 years ago
OUTSTANDING NIGERIANS IN 2010